Daily visit slots are available and we have the equipment to perform routine fertility work, surgical operations and any other routine or emergency procedures, with the aid of our in-house laboratory equipment. All five of our vets provide routine and emergency care for all farm animal species. Our clients range from large dairies to smallholders and single pet sheep.
Please ring to book a visit. An out of hours vet from our own practice is always available.
Services that we provide include:
- Fertility work including pregnancy diagnosis and synchronisation
- Herd health planning (please click here for more information)
- Advice regarding preventative health measures such as worming and vaccination
- Assistance with lambing or calving
- Emergency work (for example down cows or sick ewes)
- Faecal worm egg counts
- Surgeries such as castration and lump removals
- Neutering for small or miniature pigs
The majority of our large animal work is carried out on farm, however if you are able to transport your animal safely and legally we can see them at the practice which avoids the charge for a visit. We have a dedicated large animal unit on site in which we perform procedures such as ewe Caesareans.